This half day course is designed for those people working or volunteering in groups or working on projects who would like some practical tips on making their marketing and publicity more effective.
- General marketing principles and coming up with your unique selling points
- Different forms of publicity
- Practical tips on designing posters, newsletters and websites
- Using the media – what are they interested in?
- Writing press releases
- Developing your marketing and publicity strategy
- What to do when things go wrong.
This course could be run as part of a training programme or could be run in house.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. We can, for example, facilitate a session on developing your marketing strategy for the organisation or a particular project.
- To give participants an understanding of marketing and publicity strategies
- To provide guidance on how to undertake different methods of publicity and marketing such as designing posters, newsletters etc.
- To ensure participants gain an understanding of what the media wants in a good story and to practice writing a press release.
People working in the voluntary and community sector or statutory agency staff working in community development. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
From £150 + travel costs