PQASSO (Practical Quality Assurance Standard for Organisations) is a quality standard designed for the voluntary and community sector.
Organisations can choose to use the criteria as a self-assessment tool or can go on to external accreditation and gain the Quality Mark at one of three levels, all of which are recognised and approved by the Charity Commission.
This half day course provides an excellent introduction to this quality standard, which is now used by some statutory authorities as a pre-requisite for funding.
- Introducing PQASSO, its benefits in improving a group’s quality of service and explaining how it can be used
- Looking at some of the quality areas and how organisations can meet the criteria
- How to tackle the self-assessment process
- How the external assessment process works.
This course could be run as part of a training programme or could be run in house.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. For example, if an organisation is planning to tackle the self-assessment process, we can spend a half day with you to help you determine how you are going to tackle the process and start looking at some of the key quality areas.
- To understand what PQASSO is and how to use it
- To understand how to match your organisation against the standards
- To learn about the external accreditation process.
People working in the voluntary and community sector. The course may also be useful for staff in statutory agencies who want to learn more about this quality standard. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
From £150 + travel costs.