This half day course is designed to help relatively inexperienced managers and supervisors to manage their staff effectively. The course can be run as a one-off session or can be incorporated into a series of sessions on managing staff. Alternatively it can be run as a day session and incorporate elements of the Managing the Difficult Staff member course. The course can concentrate on managing paid staff or (for voluntary and community sector organisations) can include aspects of supervising and supporting volunteers as well.
- What motivates staff to work for you
- The emotional aspects of managing or supervising staff
- Supervision methods
- Management safeguards
- Creating clear boundaries
- Running effective staff meetings
- Stress management
- Conducting performance interviews.
This course could be run as part of a training programme or could be delivered in house. It could be run as a stand-alone course or as part of a series of sessions on managing staff.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. It can look at particular aspects or issues relating to staff management, ensuring that there is a consistency of approach across the organisation.
- To give you an understanding of your role in managing staff and volunteers
- To recognise the importance of understanding people’s motivation in working / volunteering for your organisation
- To understand the management safeguards that you have to help you supervise staff and volunteers
- To appreciate how to run a supervision session
- To learn techniques for supervising the difficult member of staff.
People working in the voluntary and community sector, for statutory agencies or in business. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
From £150 + travel costs.