In some organisations appraisals are seen as an annual chore that has to be undertaken and neither the manager nor the staff gain any real benefit from it.
This half day course is designed to help managers appraise their staff effectively so that both parties develop more insight, motivation and a better understanding of each other. It will help participants work with their staff to create work plans that are effective and realistic. This course can be run as a one-off session or as part of a series of sessions on staff management.
- The uses and benefits of appraisals
- Understanding what the managers, staff members and the organisation want to get out of the appraisal process
- How to collect evidence about staff members’ performance
- What to cover in an appraisal interview
- Preparing for and conducting the appraisal interview
- “Am I a good manager?”
- The difficult appraisal
- The appraisal follow-up.
This course could be run as part of a training programme or could be delivered in house. It could be run as a stand-alone course or as part of a series of sessions on managing staff.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. It could be used to develop a consistent approach to appraisals by managers across an organisation. It could also be adapted for staff who are experiencing an appraisal from their managers for the first time and help them to prepare for the appraisal interview.
- To appreciate the importance of appraisals
- To get the preparation right
- To understand ways of assessing performance
- To appreciate areas to cover in the appraisal
- To learn how to conduct an appraisal
- To discover ways of rescuing an appraisal (if things go wrong).
People working in the voluntary and community sector, for statutory agencies or in business. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
From £150 + travel costs.