Often your recruitment and induction processes determine whether you retain your staff and volunteers. A poor induction often leads to a lack of productivity and motivation. This half day course is designed to help participants ensure that new staff receive a comprehensive and welcoming induction so that they can settle into their job or role quickly and with confidence. The course can be run as a one-off session or can be incorporated into a series of sessions on managing staff.
- Purposes of an induction process and potential pitfalls
- Induction packs, checklists and other paperwork
- Planning the induction period
- Involving other staff in the induction process
- Group inductions
- Learning styles
- Monitoring the induction process.
This course could be run as part of a CVS training programme or could be delivered in house. It could be run as a stand-alone course or as part of a series of sessions on managing staff.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. Participants can, for example, work in groups on drawing up or revising existing paperwork and practices to ensure consistency across the whole organisation.
- To give participants an understanding of the induction process
- To provide guidance on how to design individual and group induction sessions
- To introduce a number of “tools” that participants can use to facilitate the induction process.
People working in the voluntary and community sector, for statutory agencies or in business. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
From £150 + travel costs.