This half day course looks at practical methods of saving time and prioritising work so that participants are more productive. It considers a wide range of strategies to overcome some of the physical and mental barriers for those working in an office or home environment.
- Considering one’s physical environment – its effect on us, what improvements we can make
- Practical ways to manage paper and IT
- Planning methods and how to establish priorities
- “My favourite time wasters”
- Delegating appropriately and team skills
- Saving time at meetings
- Managing stress
- Action planning.
This course could be run as part of a training programme or could be run in house.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. For example, we could cover some of the above topics in more detail and look at ways of improving the organisation’s methods of working.
- To consider and improve one’s physical working environment
- To improve one’s management of paper and electronic communication
- To plan one’s time more effectively and to prioritise work
- To avoid procrastination and time wasters
- To delegate effectively and to recognise the skills we have and we don’t have
- To eradicate time wasting at meetings
- To counteract the effects of stress.
People working in the voluntary and community sector, for statutory agencies or in business. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
From £150 + travel costs