This course, which can be run as a half day (3.5 hours) or a whole day course, is designed to help those who chair or participate in meetings to understand how to run effective meetings that are constructive, concise and actually achieve something!
The course can be adapted to cover meetings in general or focus on specific types of meetings such as trustee, director or committee meetings, staff or project meetings.
- Analysing what works well and what areas for improvement are needed in meetings attended by the participants
- Understanding the time spent in meetings and the monetary costs
- How to plan the meetings cycle
- Drawing up ground rules or rules of good behaviour
- Planning agendas that actually help the meeting to progress
- Preparation for meetings
- Team skills analysis – what characteristics are needed to ensure an effective meeting
- The roles of chair and participants in meetings and how to ensure that these are fulfilled
- Dealing with difficult people in meetings
- Ensuring that effective minutes are written.
This course could be run as part of a training programme or could be run in house. It is designed as a half day course, but could be extended to run for a day, looking at some topics in more detail and including meetings exercises.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. For example, the course could be designed around particular types of meetings or concentrate on particular issues.
- To help participants understand the importance of planning their meetings
- To draw up good agendas that help the meetings to achieve their purpose
- To develop ground rules and rules of good behaviour
- To investigate the practical skills needed by the chair and others
- To develop accurate and concise sets of minutes.
People working in the voluntary and community sector, for statutory agencies or in business. The course is relevant to both experienced meeting chairs and participants as well as those who are relatively inexperienced.
From £150 + travel costs