This half day course is designed to help participants who need to write or revise policies and procedures for their organisations. It will help them to develop effective structures for the writing and design and ensure that they meet key legal and good practice requirements on some of the most important policies such as health and safety, equal opportunities and financial procedures. It will also look at the process of consultation and implementation so that the policies obtain “buy-in” and commitment from staff and volunteers.
- Understanding the purposes of having a range of effective policies and procedures
- Determining what policies and procedures your organisation needs
- Looking at key policies such as health and safety, equal opportunities and personnel policies
- How to write and introduce policies to your staff and volunteers – the consultation and implementation processes
- How to develop an effective system for reviewing your policies and procedures.
This course could be run as part of a training programme or could be run in house.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. For example, the course could be designed around writing or reviewing specific policies and determining how they will be implemented.
We can also provide a writing or reviewing policy service for individual organisations.
- To give participants a clear understanding of what policies and procedures they need
- To provide advice and guidance on key policies so that participants understand the legal requirements
- To ensure participants understand how to consult and implement new or revised policies and procedures effectively.
People working in the voluntary and community sector or those working in statutory agencies who work closely with VCS groups. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
From £150 + travel costs