This half day course is designed to help participants plan and promote events, whether for fundraising, social or educational purposes. It provides practical tips on a wide range of subject areas from choosing events to determining budgets and publicity methods.
The course can be adapted to take in any type of events or can concentrate on particular areas such as organising fundraising events, conferences or cultural events.
- Good practice in events management
- Being clear about your objectives in organising events
- Factors in determining what events to plan
- Managing an events team
- Budgeting for events
- Marketing your events
- Health and safety aspects in organising events
- Operational planning.
This course could be run as part of a training programme or could be run in house.
The course is designed to be flexible so that it can accommodate the specific needs of a particular organisation or agency. For example, the course could be designed around the planning of a particular event or series of events. The course could be extended in length to a whole day if necessary.
- To give participants a broad overview of events management
- To provide suggestions for different types of events that groups could organise
- To look at systems to have in place
- To provide advice on issues such as volunteer management, budgeting, publicity.
People working in the voluntary and community sector, for statutory agencies or in business. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
From £150 + travel costs